Yes, please! All of the images on Botanicus.org are free for non-commercial use, as long as you abide by the terms set down in the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 license.
Here's a summary of the license rules:
- Commercial use - all out-of-copyright works are in the public domain and are free to be used for commercial or non-commerical use. However, you cannot use our copyrighted images to make money, or for any commercial endeavor, without prior approval. A minority of the images contained on Botanicus.org are still under copyright. Users need to check their country's copyright laws to determine what is in the public domain. For United States residents, please refer to this summary of the U.S. copyright laws: Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States. If you want to include our images on your commercial web site, please read our commercial licensing provisions under "What about commercial licensing?" below.
- Non-commercial use - Please feel free to use our images for your presentations, academic materials, non-profit publications, or non-profit web sites.
- Provide attribution - we prefer "Peter H. Raven Library/Missouri Botanical Garden".
For more information, see Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license
This license applies only to images stored within Botanicus.org. It does not apply to image files at other sites that are linked from Botanicus.org.
Instructions to download images from Botanicus.org.
- First select the image you want to download so that it appears on the screen.
- Click on the symbol from the right-hand menu.
- This will bring up a new window that will have these icons in the upper left-hand corner: . Clicking on the different sizes will increase or decrease the image size.
- Once you have selected the image size you want to download, right-click on the actual image you want to download and choose the appropriate menu option to save the image to your local computer.